June and Day are on the run because they are wanted after the events that occurred in Legend. They go to Vegas and join up with the Patriots, who have a plan to assassinate the new Elector Primo: Anden. Day and June split up, June gives herself up to get close to Anden, and Day prepares to assassinate him. June realises that Anden really does want to change the Republic, and has to try to get a message to Day to stop the assassination attempt.
What went down?
- June and Day get to Vegas. Day needs his wound seen to, so they seek out the Pariots. Luckily, Kaede is in Vegas and she takes them to see a doctor. They strike a deal: Day agrees to assassinate the new Elector, and June agrees to go in and get close to him and lead him into the assassination.
- June realises that Anden, the new Elector, wants to change the Republic for the better, and so she tries to send a message to Day through the security cameras.
- Day doesn’t know what June means, so he stays with the Patriots. They attack a train, and Day comes across a blind boy who reminds him of his brother, Eden. Day gets angry, and is even more determined to kill the Elector for hurting his family.
- Unknown to Day, Anden has actually let Eden go free.
- Tess is with the Patriots now. Day gets to spend some more time with her, and it’s revealed that Tess is now in love with him. Day sees her as a little sister, since the two grew up on the streets together.
- On the day of the assassination, June basically ruins the attempt. Day refuses to shoot Anden, and runs to June, and flees with her into the tunnels. Anden gets away, and Tess decides to stay with the Patriots.
- June and Day walk miles through the tunnels until they reach the Colonies, which turn out to be just as bad as the Republic. Luckily, Kaede is there to get them out.
- Kaede flies them into a Republican city in a brilliant fighter jet scene. Unfortunately, she doesn’t survive a soldier shooting her in the chest. The whole fandom cried.
- Day gives an epic speech about how he supports Anden, and that the citizens of the Republic – who look up to him – should do the give him a chance. So the citizens accept Anden as their leader… for now.
How did it end?
It turns out that Razor, the Patriot who came up with the assassination plan, was working with the Senate to overthrow Anden. He and Commander Jameson get arrested for treason. The doctor tells Day that he has a brain tumour as is going to die. OHMYGAWD. Day encourages June to go to train as Anden’s Princeps, but doesn’t talk about what he has learnt.
Any weird terminology?
Elector Primo: Rules the Republic. Anden became the Elector when his father died.
Elector’s Princeps: the Elector’s “first man”.