This recap has been written by the Betty the book rocker. Thank you!
Sydney and Adrian have the hots for each other, but Sydney resists which makes everyone miserable. Mrs. Telliweger teaches Sydney more magic and wants her assistance in stopping her sister, who is an evil witch trying to steal power from others. She is on a mission to uncover the secrets involving the Warriors and Alchemists. The more she learns, the more she realizes how messed up her life is.
What went down
- Ms. Telliweger wakes Sydney up in the middle of the night to help her with a spell that only works on a full moon. She is searching for her sister Veronica, a bad witch that absorbs youth and power from magic users. Sydney casts a spell to locate her.
- Sydney heads to Sonya’s wedding and ends up sitting next to Adrian on the plane. He makes it clear he wants her. She resists, but at the wedding ends up dancing with him to convince everyone Alchemists & Moroi are building good relationships. They leave for a while so that Sydney can cast a spell to locate Marcus Finch.
- Mrs. Telliweger tells Sydney she has to warn a list of girls that Veronica is after them, including Sydney.
- Sydney goes to find Marcus Finch– they fight– he punches her– she hurts his wrist. They go to Adrian so he can heal Marcus. Adrian starts another fight because he sees that Marcus hurt Sydney.
- Adrian and Sydney go on trip to warn girls. They make it to 2 of them, but the third isn’t home. They go to a college party– end up making out (HOT!), but are interrupted with news that Veronica already got to the girl. She is unconscious and looks old! Sydney is pissed, but agrees there is nothing they could have done.
- Sydney and Eddie meet with Marcus & a few of his men to learn more about their anti-alchemist group. Sydney agrees to help investigate whether or not the warriors and alchemists have a connection. She will bust into headquarters in St. Louis and try to get evidence of the Warriors leader, Master Jameson being there.
- Adrian and Sydney make a couple attempts to track down Veronica at an Inn, but fail both times. A girl named Alicia tells them they just missed her. They almost make out again while there. Sydney manages to lose her gold cross necklace.
- Adrian gives Sydney a new cross necklace to replace the one she lost. He even embellished it himself. They go to a park to practice another spell that Mrs. Telliweger told her to try. She ends up summoning a dragon demon that will be loyal to them for one year. They feed it pie.
- Sydney puts on a sexy dress and seduces Ian into taking her to the Alchemist Archives. While there she pretends to use the bathroom, but casts and invisibility spell– goes to find the footage of Jameson and gets the proof she needs.
- Sydney shows the footage to Marcus and agrees to let him break her tattoo, but does not plan to have it sealed. She wants to continue working from the inside.
- Adrian has been visiting Sydney in spirit dreams. They have a serious make-out session. Sydney is embarrassed to discover that Jill saw it all through the bond. She then decides there is no way she can be with Adrian.
- Sydney is unable to reach Mrs. Telliweger so she convinces Adrian to go with her to the house. It turns out Alicia from the inn was the witch taking power from all those girls! She even got to Veronica! Sydney is a badass with her magic and overpowers her, but the house burns down and Alicia escapes. They find Mrs. Telliweger across the street.
- Sydney decides the only thing left to do is to go to Mexico with Marcus. She can’t handle her feelings for Adrian. She says goodbye to everyone and sets off to meet Marcus.
How did it end?
Sydney says goodbye to the crew as she gets ready to leave for Mexico to get her tattoo sealed. Jill gives her a compelling speech about love. Sydney meets up with Marcus, but decides she can’t leave Adrian. She decodes Adrian’s letter, which leads her to a museum. They make out and decide to give their relationship a shot! Sydney returns to campus and finds her sister Zoe there. She is officially an Alchemist and has been sent to work with Sydney!
Any weird terminology?
Strigoi – Evil vampires who kill when they feed.
Moroi – Nice vampires who don’t kill when they feed. These guys can go out in sunlight.
Dhampir – Half vampires who protect the Moroi.
Alchemists – Keep the world in the dark about vampires. They often have to cover up Strigoi attacks and things. They don’t like vampires, no matter how much they work with them.