Allie left Eden to search for her sire Kanin, but in the end she stumbles upon Jackal, her blood brother she thought she killed. Grudges aside they set off together to find Kanin and the lead gets them back to New Covington. After finding Zeke again they manage to get into the Inner City and talk to the Prince. In exchange to find Sarren he lets go of Kanin as his prisoner. In search for Sarren, Zeke and Kanin both get sick and while they are saving the group of humans Zeke led in the sewers, Jackal leaves them. After the relocation of the humans Zeke is left behind, being too sick to continue, so Allie and Kanin go after Sarren alone. Because Jackal crossed them and went to work with Sarren, Kanin is locked up and Allie is tortured. But Jackal turns again after he finds out there is no cure and Allie fights Sarren again. This time he loses the hand and flees again, after Zeke comes to help. They deliver the cure – Zeke’s blood – to the Prince and are about to leave, when Zeke is gone. Sarren took him, tortured him and left to look for Eden.
What went down
- Allie left Eden to search for her sire Kanin, who is being held and tortured by Sarren, a crazy vengeful vampire. She travels the land and often finds places where Sarren obviously visited, but in the end she stumbles upon Jackal, her blood brother she thought she killed. Grudges aside they set off together to find Kanin and the lead gets them back to New Covington.
- But the city is closed off because the Red Lung Virus is back and they must use the sewers to move around. There they find Zeke in charge of a few humans. He came back from Eden to find Allison whom he loves. Together they make it to the Prince’s tower.
- In the tower they meet Stick, Allie’s friend from book one that survived the rabid attack, ratted on Allie and got himself a new position as the Prince’s aid, because he knows how to read – something Allie taught him. Seeking Prince’s audience, Allie explains the virus is Sarren’s fault, not knowing the vampire is also in the room, hiding. When outed, he stakes the Prince and flees.
- Prince survives and in exchange for hunting down Sarren or finding the cure, he lets go of Kanin as his prisoner, but he poisons him before the lets him go. Allie, Kanin, Zeke – who also gets sick – and Jackal leave the tower in search for Sarren. They are called to help the pack of Zeke’s humans and they decide to help. Jackal, mad, leaves them there. Aftter the fight with the mole men, the human group is very small and the trio relocates them to a safer place.
- Zeke has to be left behind because he gets too sick and Allie and Kanin go after Sarren alone. They find him in an old lab along with Jackal who crossed them. Because of that Kanin is locked up and Allie tortured, while Sarren explains there is no cure for the virus at all. That makes Jackal turn on Sarren as well and help Allie.
- Jackal gets impaled on some metal by Sarren and Allie has to battle the crazy vampire alone. Then enters Zeke, helping Allie and she manages to take off one if his arms before the vampire flees again. Zeke seems to be immune to the virus so his blood cures dying Kanin as well. They also save a vial for the Prince to make the cure and leave.
- The Prince is grateful for the vial and allows the group to stay at the tower, but they decide to leave the next day. The next day they find Stick in the hospital, injured. He was tricked by Sarren to whom he delivered Zeke.
- Allie goes to look for Zeke and finds an audio file in the lab. Zeke was tortured and forced to tell where Eden is. Sarren decided to go to Eden and it’s up to Allie to find him.
How did it end?
After finally confronting Sarren, Allie gets to take off his arm with Zeke’s help, before the crazy vampire leaves again. Zeke is immune to the virus because of the vaccinations he received in Eden, and they help dying Kanin with his blood. They also take a vial for the Prince to make the cure and leave. Prince holds to his word and allows the group to stay, but they decide they will leave the next day. When it’s time to go, Stick is found in the hospital, injured. Sarren tricked him into bringing him Zeke and then injured Stick. Allie’s blood family goes back to the lab where it’s obvious Zeke was tortured. They also find an audio file on which Zeke can be heard being tortured and forced to tell where Eden is. Sarren is on his way there and Allie and her family must stop him.
any weird terminology?
Inner city – Vampire part of the city of New Covington
Red Lung Virus – a human disease that started the apocalypse, vampire cities and rabidism, that now threatens the vampires as well
Mole men – cannibalistic humans living in the sewers of New Covington