Marina, Number Seven is stuck in Spain after her guardian has given up hope. A new girl (who becomes Marina’s friend) and a strange man (who she thinks is Mogadorian) arrive and eventually, they’re being attacked by Mogs. Marina finds her chest which was hidden by her guardian and escapes with Ella, the little girl, and the man, who turns out to be Ella’s guardian. Ella is actually the Tenth member of the guard. SHOCK. They fight the Mogs along with Six, who flew to Spain to help, and manage to escape. They set out to find the other members of the guard.
John, along with Six and Sam, is hiding from the FBI and has started fight training. They’re hunted down by the Mogs a few times, but manage to escape. When John opens his chest, they find a solar system that shows them that a member of the guard is in Spain. Then the chest is taken from them by Mogs. They decide to go to Paradise but are captured because Sarah betrayed John. After they escape, Six goes off to Spain, and John and Sam go to a Mog cave. There, they retrieve two chests and Number Nine, but Sam is left behind because he went to look for his dad.
What went down
- The story starts with Marina, Number Seven, who lives in a small town in Spain with her guardian Adelina. Adelina has given up hope and is living a normal life, but Marina is still looking for the other members of the Guard, reading everything she can about John Smith, and practicing her legacies like healing.
- A new girl arrives at the orphanage, named Ella, who is very young. Marina befriends her and they do everything together.
- A strange man arrives in the town, and when Marina sees him talking to her friend Hector (a drunk), she immediately thinks he’s Mogadorian and she runs away.
- But Adelina doesn’t want to give her her chest (with her inheritance) because she doesn’t believe in their mission anymore. So Marina and Ella search for it themselves.
- They eventually find it, which is when Marina sees the strange man again. However, he turns out to be a guardian for Ella, who is actually the Tenth Member of the Guard. SHOCKING.
- They’re being attacked by Mogadorians and Adelina is murdered, but after telling Marina that she still believes and that Marina has to run. Together with Hector, Marina, the man and Ella escape to a lake nearby, but they are hunted down by Mogadorians.
- Meanwhile, in America, John, Six and Sam are hiding in a motel room. The FBI now searches for John. They eventually get to Florida, where they start training for battle.
- Sam and John both have a crush on Six. Six has a crush on both of them as well. John, however, still loves Sarah. THE LOVE SQUARE.
- Six convinces John to open his chest (with the inheritance from Henry) and they find this kind of solar system that happens to show them where the other guard are occasionally. They see that one of them is in Spain (Marina).
- A letter from Henri tells them that Sam may be right about his father’s abduction, because he knew about the Loriens and the Mogadorians all along. Sam cries.
- John and Six take a walk at night and almost kiss but then the house blows up and the Mogadorians attack. The three of them manage to escape, but the Mogs take John’s chest.
- Sam thinks they should get back to Paradise and they do. They grab some stuff from Sam’s dad’s secret hiding place (a stone tablet and papers) but they don’t know what they mean.
- Then John decides to act stupid and meets up with Sarah, who in turn, gets them arrested by the cops. We hate her at this point. They escape, though, and then part ways. Six wants to go to Spain to see who’s there, and John and Sam go to the Mogs’ hiding place to retrieve John’s chest and Sam’s dad.
- John and Sam get to a Mogadorian cave and use Six’s invisibility (which they can transfer to themselves for about an hour) to get into it. There’s Mogs everywhere and it’s kind of creepy, but they eventually manage to retrieve two chests AND another member of the guard (Number Nine).
How did it end?
Marina, Ella and Ella’s guardian are suddenly joined by Six, who flew to Spain to help them, and together with Ella and her guardian, they manage to escape. Hector is killed. They decide to go find the other members of the Guard.
Sam acts stupid and runs away to find his dad, but John and Nine have to escape to survive. They run away without Sam.
Lorien: The planet John and his fellow aliens (the Loric) are from. Lorien has been destroyed by the Mogadorians, and all the Loric’s family members are dead. These nine are the elite, and they’re meant to get back to their planet once it’s safe.
Mogadore: The planet all the evil aliens are from (the Mogadorians/Mogs). We don’t like them.
Legacies: Powers the aliens have.
Chimaera: A shapeshifting animal, like Bernie Kosar.