April 5, 2014
The three sisters discover their father is a multi-millionaire who owns hotels in Vegas. They go to live with him because their mother is sent to rehab. A whole lot of drama ensues. Oliver vows to sleep with all three sisters, but they discover what he’s up to by the end of the book. Brett, their soon-to-be stepbrother, likes Courtney, and she likes him back. Savannah likes Damien but Damien is caught up on Madison, who doesn’t really like him at all because she likes Brett. Peyton sleeps with Oliver, but really likes Jackson, her bodyguard. The book ends with Madison vowing to get back at the sisters.
what went down
- The three Diamond sisters’ mother is sent to rehab, and they discover that their father is the rich-as-heck Adrian Diamond, who owns hotels in Vegas. They go to live in the penthouse of his hotel.
- There they meet their father, who tells them that their mother was the one who didn’t approve of raising children in that environment, and they also meet some other rich people called Madison and Damien. They are also given credit cards and basically unlimited funds.
- Damien asks Savannah (and the other two sisters, but he’s really just focussing on her) if she’ll be at the party at Myst that night.
- The sisters go to dinner with their father, his fiancée, and his son-to-be stepson. The stepson, Brett, clearly fancies Courtney, which is bad because they’re about to be related. It’s also bad because Madison likes Brett. Rebecca, the fiancée is rather nice.
- They go to the party at Myst after dinner, and Savannah gets off with Damien. He tries to get to her have sex with him but she’s having none of it.
- Courtney and Brett talk all night about future plans and life and stuff. They’re clearly going to become a thing but oh no, MARRIAGE.
- Peyton starts flirting with her bodyguard, Jackson, which is obviously a bad thing because Adrian is paying him to protect his daughter, not to get her pregnant or whatever.
- Oliver is trying to get into all three girls’ pants. Charming. He sleeps with Olivia.
- Courtney tries to get a job at the coffee shop, but Adrian gets angry and refuses to let her. He gets all ~no daughter of mine will be working in a shop~.
- The sisters go shopping and Savannah gets a makeover. Peyton is still pretty much refusing to use her father’s money.
- Damien talks to Madison about Nick and why they broke up. Madison doesn’t reveal that it’s because she likes Brett.
- Courtney tells Savannah about her non-date with Brett, at the opera.
- The girls go to the Gates Hotel for a dinner with the Prescott – Oliver’s – family. Adrian and Oliver’s dad need to discuss business plans. Oliver’s mother sets Courtney up on a date with her son.
- The girls go to Luxe, and Savannah sees Damien, who hints at what went on in the caves at Myst. Peyton hears and wants to know what he means.
- Peyton confronts Oliver about him ignoring her. He assures her that he still wants to hook up with her. They argue, and then he insults her. Madison interrupts them and chats with Oliver.
- Madison kisses Damien. Savannah sees them together and gets upset. She runs off, straight into Nick, who she hadn’t met previously. The two go to a karaoke club together. Savannah sings and someone records her.
- Oliver kisses Courtney at the dinner thing and she rejects him. When the dinner ends, Brett takes her to the Paris part of the Las Vegas Strip.
- Peyton’s boyfriend shows up in Vegas and she breaks up with him. That was way harsh, Tai.
- Madison wakes up in bed with Damien. He assures her that he didn’t – wouldn’t – sleep with her in her drunken state. Madison tells Damien that the whole night was a mistake. Damien is hurt.
How did it end?
The grand opening of the Diamond Hotel and Casino happens. Brett and Courtney kiss in the middle of the dance floor. Brett hits Oliver, and Jackson has to break it up. Adrian announces his engagement to Rebecca. Logan Prescott reveals that he’s retracting his business offer due to the way “the girls have been acting”. Peyton kisses Jackson. Madison vows to put the sisters where they belong.