Boys (ew) show up at the Academy and start taking lessons with the girls. Josh is now seeing DeeDee and that’s good because Cammie has much more chemistry with Zach, a fellow spy, anyway. So I started shipping that. The Gallagher Girls start investigating the boys but they can’t find anything wrong. The alumni list is stolen from the Academy, and Cammie thinks it was the Blackthorne boys. She goes after them to retrieve the list, but it wasn’t actually them. It was their teacher. But it was all a test anyway so it’s all good. Cammie and Zach kiss and that’s the most important part of this book.
what went down
- A new school year begins and the East Wing is suddenly off limits. There’s probably a three-headed dog guarding something.
- There’s a Covert Ops mission at the National Mall, in which the girls have to reach an exhibit by a certain time. The teams have to get rid of the peopletailing them before they get there.
- Cammie is tailed by someone from Blackthorne Institute. His name is Zach and there’s some chemistry there, not gonna lie. Mr. Solomon knows him.
- Zach and his classmates come to Gallagher Academy and stay in the East Wing with the three-headed dog and the Philosopher’s Stone.
- Cammie sees Josh again, and he tells her that he’s now dating DeeDee, this really sweet girl from the first book. Josh has had his memory wiped. Zach turns up and he and Cammie are invited to a dance that’s taking place on exam night.
- Cammie is accused of triggering a Code Black, meaning the school’s secret is in danger.
- Cammie and her friends decide to investigate the Blackthorne students.
- Zach finds the bugs that the girls planted in the East Wing.
- Zach and Cammie go on a date in town. He goes to kiss her but DeeDee interrupts. Rude.
- Cammie returns to the Academy to find the alumni list stolen, and she blames the Blackthorne boys. She goes to retrieve it.
how did it end?
Cammie reaches the boys and gets into a fight with Zach. It turns out that it wasn’t him or the other boys, but their teacher who stole the alumni list. And it was all actually a test to see if the teenagers can work together, as they’ll have to do it someday. The boys leave the Academy and go back to their own school. Zach and Cammie kiss and I freaked out.