There’s a lot of running around to try to gain allies. Feyre’s sisters now have powers. The group gains their allies and goes to fight the King of Hybern now that the Courts have been evacuated. Elain kills the King. Amren betrays the group but is forgiven. Rhysand is killed but resurrected. They hide the Cauldron on an island and hope that no one tries to use it against them again. Feyre strikes up a new treaty between the fey and the humans, and returns to Velaris with Rhysand.
what went down
- The book opens with Rhysand fighting alongside the humans and, later, searching for his friends.
- Tamlin tells Feyre that Hybern will be moving into the Spring Court.
- Jurian arrives along with Brannagh and Dagdan. He tells everyone that they will be set off for the wall the next day.
- Jurian, Feyre, Lucien, Brannagh, and Dagdan inspect a hole in the wall and discuss plans.
- Feyre tells Alis that her feelings in the Night Court with Rhysand were fake. Sure Jan.
- Ianthe holds a party for the Summer Solstice. During the ceremony, Feyre tricks everyone into thinking she’s blessed.
- Feyre visits Lucien after having a nightmare. Tamlin walks in on them and is obviously not happy.
- During dinner, Ianthe tells everyone that her land is dying and she needs to find out what’s causing it.
- The group returns to the wall. During the journey, Lucian tells Feyre that he tried to save her from Rhysand and failed, which is why Tamlin teamed up with Hybern.
- Feyre scares off three Children of the Blessed, and later finds them dead. They were killed by the twins, Brannagh and Dagdan.
- Tamlin and Feyre have another falling out.
- One of Tamlin’s men is accused of letting some naga into the Spring Court. The man insists it was Ianthe, but Tamlin doesn’t believe him. This causes a lot of uproar with the rest of Tamlin’s men because they don’t think he should trust Ianthe.
- Alis leaves for the Summer Court.
- It is revealed that the Cauldron will be used to destroy the wall.
- Ianthe entraps Lucien and Feyre saves him.
- Feyre learns that the horrible twins have been poisoning her. She kills them both.
- Feyre plans to return home. Lucien joins her on her journey, but the two of them are captured. Feyre uses her powers to escape. They’re soon caught again, and this time they’re rescued by Cassian and Azriel. Feyre and Rhysand are reunited in Velaris.
- Feyre visits her sisters. Neither of them are happy. During a meeting, Feyre asks her sister, Nesta, to help them fix the holes in the wall. Nesta agrees to help.
- Rhysand and Feyre research the wall and decide they need the help of the Bone Carver. Feyre goes to speak to him, and he agrees to help in return for the Ouroboros Mirror.
- Kier agrees to help Rhysand and Feyre as long as they give him access to Velaris. Mor is not happy with this arrangement.
- It turns out that the Bone Carver will need a body in order to be set free.
- Feyre trains with Azriel.
- Feyre and Nesta are attacked by Ravens in the library. Feyre makes a deal with the monster in the pit to save them.
- Feyre’s other sister, Elain, is now a seer. She tells them about the mortal queen who turns into a firebird every night.
- Everyone at the Summer Court is killed by Hybern soldiers. Rhysand tries to fight the King but he’s not really there.
- The group has a meeting at the Dawn Court. Tamlin is also there and he’s a bit of an ass.
- The Spring Court is evacuated.
- Feyre learns that Helion is Lucien’s father.
- A wave of power goes through the land, which means the Cauldron has destroyed the wall.
- There’s yet another meeting. Jurian arrives and tells everyone that he’s actually a spy, and has been trying to destroy Hybern as an inside man. Jurian tells the gang that Hybern is planning to attack the following day.
- Elain’s fiancé breaks up with her.
- There’s a battle at the Summer Court. Feyre and Rhysand and the good guys ambush Hybern. Feyre realises that this part of the army isn’t legit and goes to find the Suriel.
- The Suriel tells Feyre that Nesta can destroy the Cauldron. The Suriel is shot by Ianthe. Feyre watches the Suriel die.
- Nesta finds the Cauldron and accidentally opens a link to Elain. Elain is captured by Hybern. She can’t catch a break.
- Feyre disguises herself as Ianthe and rescues Elain. Feyre is then attacked by hounds, but is saved by Tamlin. Yaaaayyy….?
- Feyre goes looking for the Mirror for the Bone Carver in the Court of Nightmares. She takes it to the Bone Carver, who tells her that the Mirror is of no use to him and he wanted to see if Feyre was worthy.
- The Bone Carver, Bryaxis, and the Weaver agree to help the cause.
- Tamlin comes to help the group.
- The Cauldron kills the Illyrian soldiers.
- Feyre’s father arrives with ships. The King of Hybern captures him.
how did it end?
Amren betrays Feyre. Nesta tries to save her father but the King kills him. Elain kills the King with a dagger. Amren claims to have betrayed the group in order to win her freedom. Feyre realises that the Cauldron needs to be restored in order to preserve life. Rhysand sacrifices himself to try to restore the Cauldron. The High Lords resurrect Rhysand, who then saves Amren. Lucien makes a triumphant but terribly late return. Feyre asks Drakon to hide the Cauldron and then calls a meeting to discuss a treaty. Everyone returns to Velaris.