what went down
- Lila has joined a crew on a ship called Night Spire. She meets the captain, Alucard, who everyone fangirls about. Alucard offers to teach Lila magic.
- People in Red London blame Kell for the Black Night.
- Kell hears that Alucard is returning to Red London for a tournament.
- Rhy gets into a fight and Kell goes to save him.
- Holland makes a triumphant return as the king of White London. He’s now sharing his body with Osaron, a being from Black London.
- Lila plans to compete in the tournament.
- Rhy talks Kell into competing as a guy called Kamerov Loste.
- A princess called Cora fancies Kell.
- Lila learns that Alucard is from a royal family.
- Kell starts training for the tournament.
- Kell learns that Lila is back.
- Lila gets rid of a contestant called Elsor so she can take his place in the tournament. Alucard realises what she has done and tells her she’s no longer welcome on his ship.
- Holland wants to find a new body for Osaron – Kell’s body.
- It’s revealed that Alucard is Rhy’s ex. Kell is not a fan.
- The king has placed Kell under house arrest in order to protect Rhy, since the two are linked.
- Kell, Lila, and Alucard smash the first two rounds of the tournament.
- Lila realises that Kell is disguised as Kamerov Loste.
- Rhy tells Kell he has to lose the next round so he isn’t unmasked.
- Holland creates a collar that blocks the wearer from using magic.
- Kell lets Lila win the next round.
- Lila and Kell dance at the celebratory ball. They kiss.
- Kell tries to get Lila to peace out of the tournament but she says no.
- Ojka, Holland’s Antari, comes to Red London to look for Kell.
- Kell goes to see Lila after she is injured in the tournament. The king has Kell arrested for leaving the castle. When he is released, Kell tells the king that he’ll be leaving once the tournament is over.
- Ojka tricks Kell into going to White London.
- Holland puts the blocking collar on Kell, which causes issues with the link between him and Rhy.
- Kell refuses to let Osaron into his body.
how did it end?
Rhy is dying and it’s all very sad. Alucard and Lila realise that this means Kell is in trouble, and Lila thinks he’s in White London. Osaron no longer wants to share (rude) so he TAKES OVER HOLLAND’S BODY (ALSO RUDE). Osaron goes to Red London, leaving Kell behind. Lila tries to find Kell using blood magic. Then the book ends. DUN DUN DUN.