Read a full summary of The Bronze Key by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare below. If you can’t remember what happened in The Bronze Key and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
what happened in The Bronze Key?
- The Assembly of Mages throws a party for the group.
- Jennifer gives Call a note from Celia, which asks Call to meet her in the trophy room. He goes there but she’s not around. Aaron and Tamara follow him there, which is lucky because a chandelier almost kills Call but Tamara saves him.
- Jennifer is found dead.
- The group thinks that Warren is the person behind the assassination attempt and they plan to find him so he’ll lead them to other elementals.
- Warren leads the group to a door which can only be opened by answering a riddle. So it’s basically the Ravenclaw common room. The group enters the room and find Anastasia inside. She asks to speak to Call alone. She doesn’t really say anything of note.
- Call waits in the library to try to bait the spy. Celia shows up, and the group tries to stop her. It’s all a bit awkward. Call is about to tell Celia what’s been going on but Jasper stops him. Call asks Celia on a date instead.
- An elemental is waiting in Call’s room and tries to kill him. Aaron and Call manage to kill it.
- Anastasia tells the masters how they can get into the locked rooms where the elementals are kept. Afterwards, the group steals her key and breaks into the room. One of the elementals, Marcus, tells Call that the assassin at the school is the greatest makar of their generation. This means there’s a third makar, or that the assassin is Aaron.
- The group is caught and they have to apologise to Anastasia for stealing her key. She asks them to rescue some chaos ridden animals.
- Alma teaches Call and Aaron how to see into someone’s soul, and also how to knock someone out using a soul tap.
- The group tries to save the animals, but the animals are set free by Alma. They attack the group. Call blacks out.
- The group calls upon Jennifer’s spirit and accidentally reanimate her body. Anastasia and Alma say they’ll deal with it.
- Tamara gets kidnapped by the assassin.
- It turns out that Alex is the assassin. He leads the group into the woods before Call realises this. Alex plans on killing Call and Aaron to steal their makar abilities.
- A lightning bolt shoots out of the Alkahest and hits Aaron. Aaron dies and Alex gets his powers.
- Call gets accused of murdering Aaron. He gets imprisoned.
- Anastasia visits Call in prison and tells him that she was Constantine’s mother, so therefore she’s also Call’s. She promises to free him.
This is a full plot summary of what happened in The Bronze Key by Holly Black and Cassandra Clare. Check out our recap list for more recaps. If you can’t find what you need, you can request a recap from us!