Read a full summary of Fated by Alyson Noel below. If you can’t remember what happened in Fated and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
The story goes around Daire Santos, a daughter of a known make up artist of Hollywood, Jennika, who never had a place to call a home. When they are on a movie set in Morocco, Daire sees dead figures and heads on spikes, and when she tells that to her mother, she thinks she lost it and sends her to a doctor. The doctor can’t help with his useless medication, so our ‘poor’ Daire is sent to New Mexico, to live with her Shamanist grandmother. Soon, she founds out she’s a ‘soul seeker’ and her duty is to save the balance of her world.
What happened in Fated?
- Daire starts seeing corpses and heads on spikes while being to Moroco and is sent to a hospital.
- The only cure that they find is visiting Daire’s grandmother, which is a shamanist who heals people and is a Soul Seeker, just like Daire.
- Daire tries to runaway, but fails. In the process, she breaks her leg and meets the love of her life, Dace.
- Daire accepts the job of a soul seeker and goes on her first test; be in a cave for hours with no water or food. Only her mind.
- After being tortured in the test by ancient spirits, she goes to school. She meets there Cade (Dace’s twin), our villain, some snobbish girls and a blind girl named Xotichl (read as Sochee).
- On with her quest as a Soul Seeker, Daire learns how to collide her soul with different animals. After this lesson, she goes to spy on Cade as a cockroach.
- She finds out that Cade is trying to bring back alive his ancestors, to take over the world. The due date was the Día de Muertos.
- She returns to the Lowerworld, which she saw in her dreams, and meets Dace there. She founds out that he’s her ally, even if he is a Richter. She also finds out that her grandmother, Paloma, is really sick.
- On the Día de Muertos, Daire goes again to the Lowerworld, with the help of Dace and Xotchil, to stop Cade’s plan.
- When Cade is about to feed his ancestors with the strongest soul, Paloma’s, Daire stops him and tries to snatch the soul, only to lose it by mistake and droping it into the underworld.
- Cade sends his minions after the soul, but only to be caught by the Bone Keeper, the keeper of the Lowerworld. She tries to take away Daire’s and Dace’s bones too, but in exchange, they give her all the bones of the Richters and retrieve the soul. They save Paloma and she’s alive.
How did it end?
Daire and Dace saved Daire’s grandmother’s soul, but the Richter family is still in the Lowerworld. The two of them needs to stop the Richters before they destroy the balance between good and bad.