what went down
- Evie has been seeing a psychiatrist called Sarah since she was diagnosed with OCD and a general anxiety disorder.
- Evie goes to a party with Ethan. Sarah doesn’t think this is a good idea but Evie does it anyway, since she has been doing much better and her dosage has been decreased.
- Ethan sleeps with someone else at the party.
- But one good thing does come of this shit show – Evie meets Lottie and Amber and becomes friends with them.
- Evie then has a date with Oli. He brings his parents because he is suffering from agoraphobia. He tries to explain this to Evie. The date ends.
- Evie tells her friends about Oli and they all laugh, so Evie decides never to tell them about her own mental health issues.
- Evie gets a crush on Guy, a singer in a band. Amber warns Evie that Guy is a dick, but Evie doesn’t listen.
- Evie’s OCD and anxiety gradually get worse as she takes a lower dosage of medicine.
- Evie and Guy enter a conker battle.
- Evie, Lottie, and Amber start the Spinster Club. They discuss feminism in the group meetings.
- Amber and Evie briefly fall out over Guy.
- There’s a Battle of the Bands thing. Evie misses Guy’s set because she’s stuck washing her hands in the bathroom. Guy gets annoyed.
how did it end?
Guy takes Evie to his room and it’s obvious he wants to sleep with her. Evie doesn’t want to and he upsets her, and he’s basically like “well, bye then”. Evie returns home and puts bleach on her hands to clean them. She’s taken to hospital and then checks herself into the psychiatric ward. Evie finds out that her sister, Rose, is being bullied at school. People come and visit, and she finally tells Amber and Lottie about what has been going on.