Read a full summary of Nightshade by Andrea Cremer below. If you can’t remember what happened in Nightshade and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Nightshade?
- Wolf shifters are called Guardians, who protect the magical Keepers. The Keepers are in control of everything the Guardians do.
- There’s another group of witches called the Searchers, who are apparently trying to kill all humans, and so they’re allegedly at war with the Keepers.
- Calla is a Guardian and is the alpha of her pack. She is betrothed to Ren, and together they’re supposed to form their own pack and protect a certain Keeper.
- Calla saves a human called Shay from a bear attack. It turns out that Shay is attending their school, and he starts asking Calla to hang out. He shows her forbidden books, some of which disclose the secrets of the Keepers.
- Shay is the scion, by the way.
- Together, Shay and Calla investigate a cave, and Calla is almost killed by a giant spider – NOPE.
- Calla has to turn Shay into a Guardian in order to save themselves.
- Calla is supposed to marry Ren, and she’s about to walk down the aisle when she learns that she and Ren are meant to kill Shay, the scion. She obviously doesn’t want to do this because she’s nice, and also she fancies Shay, so she helps Shay escape.
- Ren goes off to find Calla and bring her back, but he actually comes around. they all head to Shay’s uncle’s house to gather supplies, and they’re attacked by statues.
- The Searchers arrive and save them. One of them, Ethan, shoots Calla with a crossbow. They take Shay and Calla somewhere, which I’m sure we’ll find out more about in the next book!