Read a full summary of The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead below. If you can’t remember what happened in The Golden Lily and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in The Golden Lily?
- Sydney is taken to see Keith Darnell (who she turned in for dealing vampire blood in Bloodlines) and finds out he’s been in a Re-education Center. Sydney is asked to give a statement on Keith’s state of mind, to determine whether or not more Re-education is needed. She tells them that he’s a horrible person, but he’s not in with vampires any more.
- Trey introduces Sydney to Brayden, who she finds interesting because he’s such a weirdo. My words, not hers. They go on a date to a windmill farm.
- Clarence is still talking about vampire hunters, and everyone continues to think he’s paranoid.
- Eddie and Angeline start dating. People at school can’t know about it because they’re meant to be cousins. Oops.
- Sydney drives Adrian to go and see his father, since he wants an update on his mother. Nathan Ivashkov is a huge ass who doesn’t care about how Adrian is turning his life around.
- A group of people attack Sydney and Sonya in the street, but it’s okay because Dimitri saves them.
- Sydney and Adrain sign up for a self defence class with a guy called Wolfe, who is pretty awesome I must say.
- There’s a school dance and Sydney wears a hot Greek chiton. Adrian turns up and makes his usual comments, and Brayden says that Sydney is dressed like a Greek prostitute. Adrian gets offended and angry on Sydney’s behalf, and Sydney tells Brayden to leave before things get out of hand.
- Two guys called Jeff and Blond Hair corner Sydney and tell her that they know about vampires. These guys are vampire hunters who – according to them – haven’t forgotten the original purpose. So, Clarence isn’t so paranoid after all, eh? These vampire hunters call themselves The Warriors of Light and they have leaflets and everything.
- Adrian gets a hot car and he asks Sydney to help him learn to drive it, since it’s stick shift and not an automatic. Sydney is happy to help because it’s a beautiful car.
- Sonya asks Sydney for a sample of her blood to help with the tests they’re doing to figure out the Strigoi stuff. Sonya thinks that Sydney’s blood could be different from the rest, and that’s why it’s so gross to the Strigoi.
- Sonya goes missing! Oh no! Sydney uses a tracking spell to find out where she is. Ms Terwilliger is actually quite handy!
- Trey is part of The Warriors of Light. Sydney finds out when she recalls his sun tattoo. Who could have seen this coming certainly not me.
How did it end?
Any terminology you should know?
Celestial tattoos – Give the wearer a feeling of euphoria.
Strigoi – Evil vampires who kill when they feed.
Moroi – Nice vampires who don’t kill when they feed. These guys can go out in sunlight.
Dhampir – Half vampires who protect the Moroi.
Alchemists – Keep the world in the dark about vampires. They often have to cover up Strigoi attacks and things. They don’t like vampires, no matter how much they work with them.