Read a full summary of Fever by Lauren Destefano below. If you can’t remember what happened in Fever and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
Fever is a much darker book than Wither. Rhine and Gabriel escape from the mansion and try to look for Rhine’s twin brother Rowan, but are pulled into a prostitution den. They escape to Manhattan but still don’t find Rowan. Then Rhine is captured and taken back to the mansion.
What happened in Fever?
- Rhine and Gabriel arrive on shore, but are quickly captured and taken to a prostitution den. The woman in charge gives Gabriel Angels Blood, a sedative. Soon after, Rhine is also drugged.
- Housemaster Vaughn finds them but they escape the den with a malformed child, Maddie.
- They find a fortune teller and Rhine tries to find out about her twin brother, Rowan, but is unable to. Rhine, Gabriel and Maddie hitch a ride in a truck to Manhattan.
- They meet a First Generation couple, (Greg and Elsa) and they stay with them for a few hours before Greg kisses Rhine and Gabriel punches him.
- Rhine goes back to her old home, but finds out that Rowan has given up on her and has burnt the house.
- The president announces that a new lad is to be built. Some people protest by blowing up trees.
- Rhine, Gabriel and Maddie go to an orphanage and find Maddie’s grandmother. Rhine then starts to feel dizzy and get chills.
- Housemaster Vaughn shows up and takes Rhine back to the mansion (he put trackers in all of the girls so he would know their location) and keeps her in the basement to experiment on.
- Cecily finds Rhine, she’s pregnant again.
- Linden didn’t know Rhine was being experimented on takes her to the hospital with Cecily.
How did it end?
Malfie – A malformed child.
First Generation – People that aren’t affected by the virus. They don’t die at 20 or 25, they age naturally.