As America made it into the Elite, she met new challenges. Tougher competition, a loss of her friend and new tasks like preparing a welcoming party and drafting a philanthropic program among other things. She was constantly torn between Aspen and Maxon, having feelings for both and not wanting to leave any of them. In the end her temper and recklessness sent her to the front door indenting to go home, but Maxon saved her once more and she stayed. Determined to win she returned to her room to make a plan with her maids.
what went down
- As America made it into the final six – the Elite – the stakes got higher and the lessons more complex. The girls had to learn about politics and had debates on the Report.
- America finally admitted she had feelings for Maxon and even told him so. She told him of her feelings after he promised her a Halloween party, a long dead tradition, that would also include a visit of Elite’s families and a possible elimination.
- The week up to the party was full of lessons, activates and preparations, dates for Maxon, and jealousy for America. At the party America was sure she will be let go but it ended up with a dance with Maxon and her promise she will never leave. She was finally sure picking him was the right choice. • Next morning after the party the girls were led to a public beating of Marlee and Carter that were found fondling each other in a closet by the camera crew. America tried to help the couple but was led into her room by force.
- The girls, now down to five, got a task to prepare an event for two visiting parties from German Federation and Italia. Separated in two groups, America ended up with Kriss. They were in charge of the Italian party but with two rebel attacks and America stranded in the forest after she tried to escape them they were very behind.
- When they managed to finish the task they were given, the reception was a big success and they ‘won’ the challenge. At the party Italian princess also expressed her full support to America and slipped her a phone number. That evening America also got a note from Aspen with who she was meeting quite regularly now that he was a guard at the palace.
- Maxon finally called for America again and as promised, showed her the princess’ quarters that would be hers if she won. He showed her the secret panel in the wardrobe that led to the safety room in case of attacks, and from the wardrobe climbed Marlee. She was supposed to be an eight now and headed south, but Maxon saved her and Carter, got them a job at the kitchens and a small living space. They also got married.
- In the next days America asked for private lessons with Sylvia and studied hard about all things regal. At the next joint class the girls got a new task: to come up with a philanthropy program. She struggled with the idea so she looked for them in Illéa’s diary. She also had another fight with Maxon over his nightly adventure with Celeste so she was determined to leave for good. Her presentation would be her final piece to go out with a bang. Her presentation urged to eradicate the casts.
- Her actions caused that the King was mad with Maxon and also demanded America’s immediate leave from the palace. Natalie, one of the remaining girls, found out her sister was taken and killed by the rebels. After the Report the girls went to their rooms, but America wandered around just to witness another attack on the palace. America and Maxon got locked into a safe room for servants. Maxon was injured by his abusive father and America helped him clean the wounds. They ended up admitting they loved each other and had a make out session.
how did it end?
After another massive attack on the palace the losses were big in staff and guard ranks. There were targetings of families of the Elite to end the Selection. America went to pack her belongings and said her goodbyes. Aspen was pressuring her into being together again so they had a small fight because America wanted peace and quiet and some space. She was just about to leave back home when she was stopped by Maxon. He spoke to his father, included some lies and eventually bargained for her to stay if she wished to. She decided to stay, behave and kick ass of her competition once and for all.
The Elite – the last six (later five) girls that stayed in the competition
Southerners and Northerners – two main groups of rebels attacking the palace on regular basis
Report – weekly news-stlye reporting of the happenings in the country