Read a full summary of The Stonekeeper’s Curse by Kazu Kibuishi below. If you can’t remember what happened in The Stonekeeper’s Curse and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
Thank you to Christine for writing this recap!
Emily, Navin, and their crew are hunted by the elves as they search for an antidote to save their mother.
what happened in the stonekeeper’s curse?
- The elf who has been following Emily & Navin is Prince Trellis, the son of the Elf King.
- The Elf King tells Trellis he has failed him and is sending another elf named Luger with him to complete his mission (to find and destroy the children)
- Cogsley teaches Navin to pilot Charnon House.
- The Amulet tells Emily she should have destroyed the Elf Prince when she had the chance, they are in danger, and should prepare for battle
- They arrive in Kanalis and are hunted by elves. They meet a fox, Leon Redbeard who offers to be their bodyguard.
- They bring their mom to Dr. Weston who examines her and tells them she needs the fruit of a Gadoba tree to cure her. The last trees are at the peak of Demon’s Head Mountain and it is very dangerous to go there.
- The elves attack; Navin and all the patients at Dr. Weston’s are evacuated. Leon keeps Emily behind and Miskit joins them. They fight the elves and Emily uses the Amulet to help Leon.
- Navin is taken to the underground headquarters of the resistance; finds out Emily is the 5th member of the Council.
- Navin is taken to Father Adler, a Gadoba tree who foretold their coming. Father Adler tells Navin Emily will fall off a cliff. Navin goes to save her; he takes back Charnon House from the elves with the help of the resistance army (which Navin is actually the commander of.)
- Leon helps Emily learn to control her power. She uses the Amulet to get them safely to Demon’s Head Mountain.
- Emily asks Leon what happens if a Stonekeeper loses control of her stone and gets a history lesson: 30 years ago 4 rogue Stonekeepers lost control and turned into giant beasts. The resistance destroyed 3 of them, but the elf lived. He became the Elf King and killed Leon’s father.
- Luger hurts Prince Trellis and leaves him behind.
- Emily reaches the Dagoba trees and correctly chooses a fruit that will save her mother (Most of them kill, but a few are life-saving.)
- Luger and his cronies get to the Gadoba trees right after they leave and burn them down.
- Emily and Leon fight Luger and his cronies.
- The Amulet urges Emily to let the stone take control; Leon urges Emily not to lose control.
- Luger transforms into a giant and knocks Emily and Leon off a cliff.
- Navin saves them, catching them with one of Charnon House’s hands. They use the house to fight giant Luger and both of the house’s arms get ripped off. Emily and the stone help fight giant Luger.
how did it end?
Emily blacks out and when she wakes up, her mom is better. They discuss leaving, but Emily must stay and her mom wants to keep the family together. They have won for now, but the elf army will be after them. The final scene shows Prince Trellis heading toward Charnon House.