Here is a spoiler summary of what happened in Restore Me, the fourth book in Tahereh Mafi’s bestselling Shatter Me series. We have recaps of the whole series so far if you need a refresher on what happened.
What happened in Restore Me?
- Only sixteen days after Ignite Me, Juliette is now running the show and has invited other world leaders to meet her. Eurasia’s Commander, Ibrahim, was up for it, but the others declined her invitation.
- Castle thinks that Eurasia’s letter suggests that they know Juliette already.
- Delalieu says the other world leaders won’t speak to Juliette without speaking to Warner.
- Warner’s father was friends with the other leaders, and because of this Warner knows the Commanders’ children. He’s not happy about them visiting.
- Anderson asks if Juliette knows what Warner had to do to become Commander. Kenji tells Juliette that she doesn’t know Warner as well as she thinks.
- Adam and Warner talk about their dead father. Adam says that he was worried Warner would kill him if he found out they were brothers. Warner can’t read Adam’s emotions.
- Kenji tells Juliette that his parents were killed when he was seven years old. Castle found him living on the street a year later.
- Haider, the son of Ibrahim, Commander of Eurasia, arrives and meets with Juliette.
- Warner remembers his father and his friends agreeing that their children should learn to disable each other, and also learn what a bullet feels like.
- Warner learns that Haider has arrived, but doesn’t want to interrupt his meeting with Juliette.
- Castle reveals that Juliette’s parentage has been kept a secret for some reason.
- Warner warns Juliette about Haider’s sister, Nazeera, who later arrives. Nazeera is wearing a headscarf which points towards her being part of a banned religion.
- Kenji gets a crush on Nazeera.
- Juliette agrees to attend a meeting with all of the leaders, which is called the North American Continental Symposium. Haider and Nazeera also plan to go.
- Haider grabs Warner and accuses him of betraying them all.
- Juliette gets shot in the back with a poisoned bullet. Nazeera kills the shooter.
- Castle tells Warner that Juliette’s parents gave her and her sister, Emmeline, to the Re-establishment (a group that collects people with powers for world domination purposes) for experimentation. Juliette was sent away because they couldn’t detect her gifts. Warner confirms this by reading his father’s notes.
- Warner realises that he once tortured Emmeline when he was sixteen.
- Castle says that Juliette’s parents are coming for her, and probably not for good reasons.
- Nazeera tells Juliette that everyone is lying to her.
- Warner tells Juliette about what he learnt. Juliette runs off. Warner has a panic attack and Kenji finds him.
- The Supreme Commander of Europe’s daughter, Lena, arrives at the base, who turns out to be Warner’s ex-girlfriend.
- Nazeera finds Juliette in a bit of a rage, and she tells her that they’ve met before. Nazeera also tells Juliette about Lena, who Warner only broke up with eight months ago.
- Nazeera also says that the Supreme Commanders want to kill everyone in Sector 45.
- Juliette decides to binge drink and shave off her hair. Warner finds her and helps her to bed.
- Several other children of Supreme Commanders arrive, namely Stephan, Nicolas, and Valentina.
- Warner apologises to Juliette and kisses her but she runs off again.
How did Restore Me end?
- The massive gathering happens and Juliette gives a speech that denounces the Re-establishment. Someone shoots her in the head, but she doesn’t die. Brendan, Alia, Lily, and Ian are, though.
- Kenji gets taken away.
- Juliette kills all of the other Sector leaders.
- A woman who comes up to Juliette turns out to be both her mother, and the Supreme Commander of Oceania. Does this make Juliette Australian?
- Juliette wakes up in what was presumably her childhood bedroom?
- She finds letters that show correspondence between her biological parents and Warner’s father.
- Juliette’s real name is Ella.
- She also finds photos of her with Nazeera and Warner as children.
- Juliette’s mother arrives and Juliette faints.
That’s what happened in Restore Me! We have recaps of the entire Shatter Me series if you need a refresher of what happened in previous books before you dive into Defy Me.