Here is a spoiler summary of what happened in The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton #2) by Julia Quinn to help refresh your memory before you read the sequel.
What happened in The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgerton #2)?
- Anthony Bridgerton needs to find a wife. Previously, he didn’t want to marry because his father dying and leaving his mother left him hurt and traumatised. But now, he’s changed his mind because it’s his duty.
- Anthony decides to go after Edwina, who is quite popular around these parts.
- Kate is Edwina’s step sister, and she really dislikes Anthony for being a bit of a play boy.
- Colin Bridgerton, being a troll, told Anthony that Kate adores him and decides to introduce them both. Needless to say, Anthony quickly learns that Kate doesn’t like him.
- Anthony heads to the Sheffield home and brings roses for the three women. Kate is pleased with this and it wins her over a little bit. She also thinks that this proves what she thought about Anthony’s play boy ways.
- Kate and Anthony keep crossing paths and one day Anthony realises he can’t stop thinking about Kate.
- Lady Bridgerton invites Edwina and her family over and they chat and play games together. Lady Bridgerton still thinks Anthony is interested in Edwina when really he’s developing feelings for Kate.
- Kate tells Anthony she approves of his and Edwina’s courtship. She’s starting to come around to Anthony because he’s been proving to be loyal.
- Kate gets stung by a bee and, since this is the way Anthony’s father died, he gets upset. He tries to help her and they get caught in a… fun position.
- Anthony decides that he truly wants to marry Kate, although he insists that he can’t love her.
- Kate realises that she is in love with Anthony and she hopes he can overcome his fear of dying.