Read a full summary of Barbarian Alien by Ruby Dixon below. If you can’t remember what happened in The Prison Healer and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Barbarian Alien?
- This book jumps back a little bit to when Liz and the other girls are leaving their abandoned ship and the alien men have rescued them.
- Raahosh resonates for Liz, so he decided to take her from the group and stay in an ice cave with her. She’s not happy about this at first, particularly because he forces her to take the khui.
- Eventually, Liz comes around. Raahosh and Liz discover that they both love hunting, and so they often go out together.
- Raahosh is attacked and injured. Liz has to drag him back to the cave.
- Needless to say, they get together.
- Other hunters come looking for Raahosh, as he has kidnapped Liz and it could be dangerous to be without the tribe. Aehako explains that they’re taking both of them back to the tribal caves.
- While alone with Liz, Aehako explains that Raahosh’s mother hated his father. She didn’t want to be with him, but Raahosh’s father kidnapped his whole family when the kits were young and took them into the wilderness. Later, Raahosh’s father returned to the tribal caves with Raahosh, but Raahosh’s mother and brother were dead. For his crime, Raahosh’s father was exiled and Raahosh was never able to find him.
- Vektal, the chief blue alien, says that Raahosh will need to be punished. He separates Raahosh from Liz and exiles him.
- Raahosh continues to bring food to the caves for Liz. Liz continues to create a scene, especially because she is now pregnant.
- This forces Vektal to reconsider. He tells Liz and Raahosh they’ll have to stay away hunting until the baby is born, at which point they’ll be allowed to return to the tribal caves full time.