Read a full summary of Barbarian Lover by Ruby Dixon below. If you can’t remember what happened in Barbarian Lover and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Barbarian Lover?
- Kira still has the translator in her ear, and it means that she can hear absolutely everything that goes on in the caves.
- Aehako is a sweetheart and has a huge interest in Kira. It’s adorable. He makes her a replica of his… you know… because he wanted to give Kira a courting gift as he heard that’s what humans do. Like I said, a sweetheart.
- Kira is upset because she’s lonely. She hasn’t resonated with anyone yet, and she thinks it’s because she is infertile.
- Kira hears the little green aliens coming back to the planet. Nope. Nope. She and Aehako head towards the crashed Elder ship in order to take out the translation device in Kira’s ear.
- Haeden and Harlow go with them.
- Aehako asks Kira to be his mate even though they haven’t yet resonated. Kira explains that she’s not going to resonate as she’s infertile.
- Aehako doesn’t mind and they go ahead with the mating.
- Kira’s translation device is taken out via surgery.
- Haeden tells them there are others nearby. The computer confirms his suspicions.
- Kira downloads some languages from the computer. Which is good, because shortly after she’s taken by the green aliens again.
- Haeden is seriously injured and Harlow vanishes.
- Kira escapes and reunites with Aehako. They bump into Raahosh and Liz. They saw Kira crash the ship into the mountains in what was a pretty badass move.
- The group heads back to the caves. Asha flirts with Aehako and Kira is not happy.
- Harlow is still missing.
- Kira and Aehako plan to be in the group that splits off into a different cave system due to crowding issues. They head to view the South Caves where they’ll be living.
- Asha comes by to complain about the size of her cave. While she is complaining, Aehako starts to resonate. Kira freaks out before she realises he’s resonating with her.