Read a full summary of Giant Days Volume 4 by John Allison below. If you can’t remember what happened in Giant Days Volume 4 and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Giant Days Volume 4?
- Esther is still determined to quit university. She and her parents argue. She goes off to find a job.
- Daisy is worried about Esther and goes off to talk some sense into her.
- Esther gets a job at a coffee and doughnut shop. She bumps into her old friend, Sarah, and they go for lunch and then bump into her ex-boyfriend, who Esther cheated on as soon as she arrived at university.
- Susan is also in town looking for Esther. She wanted to get out of Northampton too because everything was reminding her of McGraw.
- They get to Esther’s house and Esther’s mother welcomes them in.
- Esther goes for a walk with Lindsay, who invites her to a party.
- Esther gets home and finds her friends there. She’s a bit annoyed that they’re getting involved but is happy to see them.
- At the party, Esther sees Sarah and her ex, Eustace, getting it on. She’s upset with them at first but accepts that they’ll be good together.
- Esther decides to return to university and everyone is happy. Except Esther, when her parents tell her they’re cutting her off.
- Esther tells Daisy they should find somewhere to live in their second year. Daisy has been telling Esther and Susan this for months, so is a bit miffed.
- They really struggle to find places that’ll take three of them. They view various properties.
- Ed gives Esther his friend’s secret website that looks up available properties.
- Ed and McGraw invite Esther to live with them. She strongly considers it but then realises boys are annoying and she would rather live with her friends.
- Esther acts in a student film. Susan and Daisy also get some inspo and enter the same film competition.
- Daisy and Susan win the cash. Esther and her love interest get a runners up prize.
- Susan wants to try dating so she joins Tinder. She has a day full of dates, and all of the dates are annoying.
- Daisy becomes a guide for new students and shows some future students around. There’s a German girl who takes an interest in Daisy and kisses her at a bar.
- Susan sees McGraw kissing the bar manager.