Read a full summary of Not Even Bones by Rebecca Schaeffer below. If you can’t remember what happened in The Girl From the Well and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Not Even Bones?
- Nita and her family hunt supernatural beings and sell their body parts on the internet. It’s a bit grim. Especially because Nita and her family aren’t exactly human.
- Nita’s mum brings back a boy called Fabricio and starts chopping. Nita helps him escape because she’s trying to be a good person.
- Nita’s mum leaves and Nita is caught and caged herself. She reckons her mum was behind this.
- Nita is being held by a woman called Reyes. There’s also a girl there called Mirella who may or may not be a dolphin.
- Kavit works for Reyes and he tries to break Nita down. Eventually it turns out he’s not so bad. Lorenzo and Boulder, though, are not good.
- Mirella and Nita try to escape. Mirella gets shot and thrown into the river and she is presumed dead. Keep in mind the whole dolphin thing though.
- Nita heads back to the building and teams up with Kovit. They kill Reyes. Nita pretends to be Reyes to get Lorenzo and Boulder to do what she wants.
- Nita gets shot and put back in the cage. The trio plan on chopping her up. Kovit gets hurt too.
- Kovit and Nina escape again. This time they burn down the entire market. Mirella comes back as a dolphin to help out.
- Nita goes to INHUP and is questionned by Agent Quispe. They have a video of Nita in the cage. They have a photo of one of Reyes’ customers and ask Nita if she knows him. She recognises him and says so. He’s a vampire who killed Nita’s father for a mafia group.
- Agent Quispe is about to put Nita on a flight and she introduced her to Fabricio, who sold her to Reyes in the first place. Quispe thinks Fabricio is a refugee. Great.