Here is a spoiler summary of what happened in Stolen by Lucy Christopher to help refresh your memory before you read the sequel.
What happened in Stolen by Lucy Christopher?
- Gemma and her family are at Bangkok airport. Gemma goes to grab a coffee because she’s had a bit of an argument with her mother about her outfit.
- A guy offers to buy Gemma’s coffee for her and she accepts. He introduces himself as Ty, and he spikes her drink. He makes Gemma take her clothes and takes her away onto a different flight.
- Gemma wakes up in a wooden shack in the Australian outback.
- Gemma tries to escape but she’s not successful.
- Ty promises he won’t touch her, but he wants her there because he has been watching her for some time. Apparently he first met Gemma when she was a lot younger. He was a homeless man sleeping in the park. He became obsessed and followed Gemma around and kept an eye on her.
- Gemma continues to plan an escape. She manages to steal the car at one point but it breaks down. Ty finds her miles away from the car, and carries her back to the shack.
- Gemma is lowkey grateful that Ty saved her from burning and dying in the outback. She starts to feel some sympathy towards him.
- Ty confides that his mother was a drug addict. He tried to find her but was unsuccessful. He then worked as a sex worker to earn money to come to Australia and build this shack.
- Ty goes hunting for a snake. Gemma follows him and gets bitten. She falls into a coma because Ty’s homemade antivenom doesn’t work.
- Ty takes Gemma to a mine where she receives medical help. She is taken to a hospital in Perth, where her parents are waiting.
- Ty is arrested.
- Gemma kicks off at first because it’s all very overwhelming. She smashes things and starts to question her parents on the things Ty told her. Ty was trying to turn Gemma against her parents so she would settle with him.
- Gemma speaks to a therapist, who suggests she writes out all of her feelings. And so Gemma starts writing to Ty, which is what this book is.
- Gemma isn’t sure how to approach Ty’s trial and what she should say. The book ends with her seemingly deciding to tell the truth.