Read a full summary of Lore Olympus Volume 1 by Rachel Smythe below. If you can’t remember what happened in Lore Olympus Volume 1 and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Lore Olympus Volume 1?
- Hades goes to his brother Zeus’s party. He’s expecting his girlfriend Minthe to attend with him but she ghosts him and he’s not sure why.
- Hades is sad about being there alone.
- Hades spots Persephone and thinks she’s stunning. Aphrodite overhears and gets jealous, so she sends her son Eros over to get Persephone drunk and put her in the back of Hades’ car.
- Hades takes Persephone inside his home. She instantly makes friends with Cerberus.
- Persephone is super embarrassed about getting so trashed.
- Persephone meets all of Hades’ dogs.
- Zeus calls and demands that Hades attends the family brunch. Hades drops Persephone home. She lives with Artemis.
- Eros comes over with apology doughnuts.
- Eros shares the story of how Aphrodite sent him to get rid of a human woman called Psyche. He kidnapped her, imprisoned her, and then when she found out he was a god he ghosted her.
- Persephone texts Hades saying “Hi, it’s me, I got a phone!” but doesn’t leave her name. Obviously Hades has no idea who this is.
- Eros takes Persephone shopping.
- At the family brunch, Zeus and Poseidon interrogate Hades about his love life. They’re annoyed that he doesn’t want to share anything about Persephone with them.
- Hera arrives. She’s angry with the guys for talking about Persephone this way because she’s so young.
- Apollo and Helios arrive at Artemis’ place. Apollo is a massive dick. He makes Persephone take a photo with him and posts it on his socials. Hades sees this.
- That night Apollo enters Persephone’s room and pressures her into having sex with him.
- We see Hades as a child. He’s with his mother adn is having a lovely time. Then his father comes and takes him away.
- Persephone texts Hades again and he realises who it is. He calls her.
- In a flashback, Hera receives a fur coat from Hades on her birthday. She has a vision about Persephone and gives it back. She doesn’t realise it’s Persephone, though. It’s the same fur coat that Hades lent Persephone in the beginning of the book.