Read a full summary of Saga volume 8 by Brian K Vaughan below. If you can’t remember what happened in Saga volume 8 and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in Saga Volume 8?
- Alana and Robot head to Abortion Town to have the dead foetus removed. The town can’t take Alana in because she was too far along for an abortion. The guy there recommends she heads to the Badlands instead.
- Marko is digging a trench for a cess pit. He couldn’t go with Alana or it would have been obvious that the horns and the wings were mingling.
- Alana arrives back. Microbe poo zombies come up out of the trench. Alana discovers that she has powers from her dead son. While he’s still in her stomach, at least.
- Alana, Marko, and Hazel head into the Badlands. They hitch a ride on a train. Alana starts casting an imaginary boy, who she has named Kurti. Hazel is a bit wary of her imaginary brother at first but they do like each other. Marko is concerned that this is draining her energy.
- Petri is captured and tied up by some centaurs. She pretends to be with child, and then bites off Mama Centaur’s nose.
- The Centaurs imply that the Badlands are a bad place to be.
- No shit.
- Marko and Alana arrive at the abortion house. There’s a creepy wolf doctor lady, who seems to perform abortions. She takes Alana into the basement, while Hazel stays upstairs and talks to Kurti. She sings him a nursery rhyme until he fades away.
- Meanwhile, Robot returns just in time to save Petri. Petri was having suicidal thoughts anyway, so is a bit upset to have been saved. Nevertheless, the two of them get it on.
- The Will is being tortured by a creepy diplomat mole. The Will killed her boyfriend back on Sextillion.
- We learn that The Will’s father was abusive. Uncle Steve came to save The Will.
- The creepy mole woman finds out about Hazel and wants to go and find her.
- Ghus, Squire, and the others are starving. Ghus won’t let the reporters eat the walrus.
- Squire suggests they go into the woods to capture an invisible creature. Ghus goes with him. They’re attacked, and Squire isn’t about to kill the beast for food.
- Squire and Ghus head back to camp. It’s smoking.
- It turns out it’s just the Tree Crew. Marko and Alana have returned. Hazel meets Squire and they become best friends.