Read a full summary of The Princess Diaries: Take Two by Meg Cabot below. If you can’t remember what happened in The Princess Diaries: Take Two and you need a refresher, then you’re in the right place.
What happened in The Princess Diaries: Take Two?
- Mia’s mum has been feeling a bit unwell recently and Mia is shocked (and appalled) to find that her mother is pregnant. With Mr G’s baby. What! How is she going to cope?
- Not very well, it turns out, because Mia gets really sick and has to be given antibiotics. On the plus side, this might mean that she gets to miss the TV interview that her grandmother has signed her up for.
- Someone at school gets very concerned about Mia’s wellbeing and starts sending her anonymous messages under the name JoCRox.
- Mia’s mum and Mr G plan to get married in a tiny ceremony on Halloween, which is very them.
- Unfortunately, Mia gets better and does the TV interview. Also unfortunately, she panics and lets slip that her mum is pregnant and planning to get married soon. Mia’s dad is a bit shocked and her grandmother is not a fan of how the interview went. It was a bit of a disaster.
- Mia goes to her best friend Lilly’s house to hide out in shame.
- Mia apologises to her mum for letting slip. There are no hard feelings.
- Mia’s grandmother hires a wedding planner and starts planning Mia’s mother’s wedding. Mia’s doesn’t tell her mother this right away, but eventually she has to. Mia’s grandmother starts inviting lots of stars and important people.
- Mia tells her dad that he has to fix this, and so he does.
- During a sleepover, Lilly records Mia when she’s sleepy and answering her friend’s questions. This was a non-consentual interview and definitely not cool.
- On the day of the wedding, Mia’s mother and Mr G elope in Mexico. Mia’s dad and grandmother have a bit of an argument, and Mia has to patch things up between them.
- Mia leaves the wedding and goes to the Rocky Horror Picture Show screening with her friends. She finds that JoCRox is not her crush Michael, but her lab partner Kenny.
- Michael tells Mia she looks nice though, which is sweet.
- Mia agrees to go on a date with Kenny. Michael looks quite upset.